Hiring Period Ends January 1, 2020
Now hiring off-road excursion drivers:
AZ Off Road Jeep Adventures is looking for outgoing, experienced drivers to use their personal 4-door Jeeps to drive guests on our off-road excursions. As any other Arizona tour guide, you will teach guests about the desert flora and fauna and will drive them through the rough, yet scenic, trails of the Tonto National Forest.
Our off-road excursions are designed to provide both an exciting off-road adventure experience as well as an educational experience. Each off-road excursion lasts 2-3 hours, not including travel to the trails. Each driver should plan on at least 4 hours per off-road excursion. Passengers will have the opportunity to rate their drivers after the excursion.
Off-road excursion drivers pick up guests at the designated pickup point. We then convoy out to the Tonto National Forest to conduct the off-road excursion on our licensed trail. After the off-road excursion, the drivers take the guests back to the designated drop-off point.
Our off-road excursions are broken up into 4-hour morning, afternoon, and evening time slots. We will let you pick and choose which excursions you want to do.
$25/hour starting salary.
Each subcontracting-driver is paid for 4 hours of work after every completed off-road excursion. All Jeeps must hold at least 4 passengers. The $25/hour starting salary is based on Jeeps that hold 4 passengers. All drivers keep their tips (current drivers average $20-$100 in tips every excursion). We give automatic raises every year, but we reward excellent performance by awarding earlier raises.
Driver pre-screening requirements:
- At least 25 years of age.
- Driving record: No infractions in the last 2 years.
- At least 2 years of off-roading experience.
- Must have access to a qualifying 4-door Jeep.
Vehicle pre-screening requirements:
- 4 doors.
- At least a 4-inch suspension lift.
- At least 35-inch tires.
Recommended, but not required:
- Front winch
- Tire jack mounted on outside of Jeep.
- Tow bar mounted on the outside of the Jeep.
- Gasoline cans mounted on the outside of the Jeep.
Some exceptions will be given on a case-to-case basis. Email us pictures of your 4-door Jeep, and we will determine if your Jeep will qualify.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age, current city of residence, and four pictures of the front, back, and sides of your Jeep. If qualified, we will send you an application. We will conduct a background check. We will then set up a time to meet with you for a face-to-face interview. Plan to bring your Jeep to the interview so we can inspect it.
Driver post-screening requirements:
All drivers are required to have personal vehicle insurance with a $1,000,000 auto liability listed on their insurance policy.
First aid certification:
All drivers are required to have first aid certification. Many online or classroom courses are available.
All drivers are required to take our off-road training course. We will take you out to our trail, assess your knowledge and abilities, and train you according to your needs. We will ensure you are ready to be a professional off-road excursion guide before you can transport passengers for AZ Off Road Jeep Adventures.
All requirements must be fulfilled before you can drive with us.
Vehicle post-screening requirements:
From the months of September to May, all Jeeps must have trail doors. We can provide rental trail doors if needed. From May to September, all Jeeps will leave doors and tops on to allow fully air-conditioned excursions.
- All Jeeps must have a fire extinguisher.
- All Jeeps must have a first aid kit.
- We require the first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tire jack, and other personal items to be mounted or put into a spot where they are not occupying the passengers’ seats.
- All Jeeps are required to hold at least 4 passengers, not including the driver. We will give an immediate raise to drivers who modify their Jeeps to hold more than 4 passengers.
- All requirements must be fulfilled before you can drive with us.
Please email screening requirements (listed above), questions, and concerns to email@example.com.